Garlic and Computer Woes.

Hello again.

I hope you enjoyed my last blog post, however short and brief. Sorry I couldn't get any pictures up today, but my computer doesn't recognize the new camera I'm using, and I didn't get any software with the camera to help it understand what I need it to do, and I really hate to get that personal with my computer. If I could just plug it in, and it could say to me, "Oh! That's a camera, and I assume you want me to take the pictures off and put them into just the right folders. Am I right?" and I would say, "Yes, dear computer, that is just what I was hoping you would do!" and he would hum a happy song and do just that! But, that is just to much to expect of my machine, I guess.

The pictures were really great, though! Just try to imagine how wonderful they are until I can get my computer to do as I ask it to.

The weather has been sunny, but windy and cold. The mud is finally dry, though, and for that I'm greatful. I got to get a lot of laundry done today, and am thankful the sun is out to dry it before nightfall. The wind will help, too.

I got a bunch of the hardier plants planted in the garden. I planted lettuce, cabbage, arugula, and some other things that can put up with frost. I was so glad to get out into the garden again after this long, cold winter. It made me look forward to spring. The garlic is getting really big, and it poking up about six inches above it's hay bedding. We have about 800 to 1000 bulbs planted, all planted by me last fall. I sure hope we get a good harvest.

Well, over and out.

Comments

  1. Hi Tracy,

    I can sure identify with your first paragraphs expressions! Computors~"oh give me a pitchfork and pile instead" is my response to them! Best wishes for "figuring it out or getting the right connections".

    So I assume that luscious looking picture of milk and cookies in your last post, was either from another camera or borrowed off the net? Regardless, both look delicious.

    Good to hear the mud has dried, you're getting some drying wind and sunshine, and you're getting a nice before spring start with your garden. Once I move my everbearing raspberry patch out of my garden this spring, I plan to finally plant garlic bulbs this fall. We use alot of fresh garlic. Your patch sounds wonderful.

    Nice hearing from you in all these recent entries, and what you and your family have been up to.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking to myself "Wow,800-1000 bulbs of garlic is alot" then it hit me that you and your family are working on supplying all of your needs. But still WOW that is alot of garlic!! I have never grown it myself but we are looking forward to spring here as well, I can't wait to get into the garden and hopefully we will have even more to harvest and preserve than we did last year!!
    Can't wait to see the pics and hear more!!
    Thanks!!
    Dana, Sahm to 2 boys and 1 baby girl in VA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts