It's Orange Day.



It's Orange Day, 2014!  


 And that means all things orange for today, in protest and in support. You should keep an eye on The Sifford's blog for pictures of the little party we had.
 

"Today is the day the world calls "Saint Patricks Day", but which I like to call Aint Catholics Day. As some of you know, I like to wear orange on this day and to sip some orange beer in order to support our Protestant brethren in Northern Ireland and around the world. In Belfast, only the flag of St. Patrick is supposed to be used by marchers in order to identify the day, not the color green - which is representative of the Irish Roman Catholics. Of course St. Patrick was not what we call today a "Roman Catholic", since he likely would not recognize the Church of Rome at all, except if he rightly recognized it as the Church of Antichrist. Anyway, we here are trying to start the tradition of wearing Orange on this day, so if y'all want to join us, please do!"
- from Dad's blog, sometime ago.

 
So, good night and Happy Merry Orange Day.
 
Tracy M

Comments

  1. AWESOME!! I thought I was the only person who wore the orange on that day! I know more history then is good for me, hahaha Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy. Congratulations on your blog. I found it via Facebook, via Scott Terry. Your family is living in the direction my husband and I are working toward. I had to stop and comment on Orange Day because its something I've thought about doing for years. Since I don't care much for orange, I've never actually done it, and simply don't wear green on March 17th, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick question: what pattern do you use for your aprons and dresses? Ive decided to go plain but cant settle on a pattern. I like yours though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We use a pattern called the "Ohio Dress" from Friends Patterns. They have a website -friendspatterns.com. They have tons of different patterns, I highly recommend them!

      Tracy M

      Delete
  4. Ok, totally crazy, I know, but would you mind making a post about your plain dress in detail,? Im a seamstress and I'd like to see how it all goes together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely I'll do that! I've been thinking about doing it for a while now. That will be the next post, it may be a few weeks for me to get it together, but I need to make some new dresses anyways. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts